Saturday, March 29, 2014

22

I don't go out very often.  I usually get everything I need to get done and then shower and watch my recorded shows in the evening.  Last night, however, my friend Michelle asked me to go out and I thought, what the heck?  I haven't been out in forever and it really sounds like fun!  We went to a place called the Bluestone which ironically, used to be a Baptist Church.  We didn't know what to expect, but quickly found out that there was a country concert there.  Exciting!
We went in and ordered our first drinks (one of two for me since I was driving) and walked around to check things out.  The first musician was getting started and so we went onto the dance floor and danced around to the music.  Pretty soon, we were talking to the people around us and dancing in a group.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  :)  I felt like I was 22 and danced like I was 22 (nothing like the girls in the video - I was NEVER that cool).  I raised my glass and hooted and hollered like I was 22.
I'm not saying that I am going to do this very often, but for right now, I have to tell you how important it is for all of us to make sure that our lives are balanced with work and fun.  Don't spend your life at home.  Get out and explore!  It will seriously be good for your spirit!  :)
So as not to mislead you, I will tell you that if you are in your 40's and you haven't danced in a REALLY long time, you will NOT feel like you are 22 when you get out of bed the next morning!  LOL  Thank goodness I had a scheduled massage today!  :)
I leave you with the song that inspired my title...  Enjoy and Happy Dancing!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Good for you for getting out there and dancing like you are 22!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling… the Taylor Swift video is perfect ending for this slice. It's so true, we all need a night out with good friends and take care of ourselves. Enjoyed your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, and I love the title. It's sometimes easy to sit at home, but we all need a little excitement in our lives once in a while. You sound pretty cool to me!

    ReplyDelete